While the 70’s flirty trim is back in full swing, fashion designers across the globe get a little old-school. You will spot a lot of hippie style fringe details and wispy tassels swishing down runways and the red carpet, making their presence known on handbags and hemlines.
From suede jackets to skimpy skirts and sheer gowns to free spirited sling bags, these feathery additions add oodles of fun and movement to any outfit. What’s great about it is that it adds movement and volume and teams up with almost anything seamlessly.
Yes, the fringe fire is raging. But in India, the trend has sadly not caught on. We rarely see it in movies and pop videos; it is slowing catching on but so very slowly. In fact, it’s absent in stores too!
We do have some exceptions – like Manish Malhotra’s fringe crop tops and sari pallus at Lakme Fashion Week. Nargis Fakhri did look gorgeous in her fringe heels and Bipasha Basu was clicked wearing a fringe dress by Hemant and Nandita. Malika Arora Khan once flaunted a fringed poncho. It’s about time the rest of us fashion lovers succumbed to the trend, right?
How about being a trend setter and donning this wonderful feminine look? We’ll show you how:
- At Weddings – Wedding season is coming up! Wear bejeweled fringe crop tops with your lehenga for a chic sangeet look or a resort wedding. Caution – keep accessories minimal so the fringe stands out.
- Small Fringes – Pair a fringe skirt with a plain top or opt for a minimalist dress with decorative fringes. Swish around with small fringe detailing on your trousers or tops at the club. You’ll love it!
- Reflect Movement – Fringes on a bag or shoes reflect movement in a look. Denim or basic printed dresses can be spiced up with some really cool fringe accessories for a free spirited boho look.
- Boots for Walking – Vary of fringes on your outfit? Start with a pair of boots to ease into the style. It’s comfortable and stylish at the same time.
- Go Sporty – Inspired by the native Indian trend? Take it outdoors with your sporty, casual or chic garment like capes, bags or shoes. A fringed swimsuit is pretty cool, too!
Girls, resurrect a great trend and reawaken your love for fringe. Happy Fringe Dressing!